Welcome To My Blog

Just a little about me.....I'm a stay at home mom of three children....17, 11, and 4. My Dear Husband works hard for our family as a truck driver. In my free time I love to scrapbook, sew, read, and most of all spend time with my family.



My hope with this blog is to share some of the things that I enjoy and through that I learn what you enjoy.



Saturday, January 2, 2010

A Little History Behind The Name

I thought that I would give you guys a little history behind the name Penbrandy. My husband gave it to me over 10 years ago. It started because he needed to set me up an email address and he needed something that, one could easily be remembered, two had something to do with me, and three had to be something I liked. Well it worked on all counts.
I'm going to admit something I don't admit often, I have an obsession......pens......pens of any kind. I want to try them, buy them, look at them, borrow them from people......anything I can do to get my hands on a new pen. My whole family knows this and are always bringing me a new pen to feed my hunger. And this is how the name Penbrandy was born.
My sweet daughter went shopping at Walmart tonight and look what she bought for me.......PENS!!!!! New ones I haven't even tried before....I'm so excited to give them all try. She is such a sweetheart......I love you Katelynn!!!

3 comments:

  1. Now that's funny. At least they will never be without a idea as to what to get you for a gift. :) Thanks for following my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me toooo!!!. I got your blog from MPS. I had to comment on the pen fetish thing....cut I have the same thing. My boyfriend went to a cable expo for his job...and I went along just to collect pens at all the booths.lol. I collected 41 pens over the 2 days. I was in heaven. I'm glad I'm not the only one.lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also found your blog on MPS. I am so glad there are others out there with this pen addiction as well! I always joke with my hubby that there ARE worse addictions to have. I have over 1000 pens at last count. I do have them organizing by type and labeled and all....that makes it ok, right? =) Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete